REFLECTOR: Dream Panel

Dave Dent davedent at comcast.net
Thu Mar 2 13:39:00 CST 2006

I see that money talks.  But if you are not using the system for direct  IFR
work and just want to stay out of weather both systems interface to the GRT
EFIS as well and you are not looking at big bucks but a very good EFIS with
an ARINC 429 and RS232 interface.  I have been using their system now for
two years and I love it. I tie my SL60 and SL40 to it as well as my GTX330
and the XM can also interface.  GRT is working with them as well to sell it
in the packages.  Their system works great with the TruTrac autopilot the
best and best if you want vertical control as well for G/S interface as well
as LOC.  I use the smart coupler right now to interface from the GRT/EFIS to
drive my Stec 30 and it works great.  GRT has now put terrain in the MAP and
this is a plus.  You can install a dual screen for $9K and a complete system
with built in GPS and ARINC and dual AHRS with EIS for around $14K. This is
something to consider as well guys.