REFLECTOR: Dream Panel

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Wed Mar 1 15:54:52 CST 2006

Scott;

Panels are subject to a lot personal preferences, but two things come to my
mind:

I think the S-TEC is a very good unit, but is overpriced; particularly when
you add the additional cost of the analog-digital interface required to
drive it from a GPS.  Both Trio http://www.trioavionics.com/ez_pilot.htm
and TruTrak offer much more affordable units that take direct digital
coupling.

The money saved will cover the additional cost of the Garmin 330 Xponder
which I think is well worth it for the traffic display feature.  The reduced
stress and added safety of knowing where, and at what altitude, the other
traffic is in a radar coverage area would be a big factor to me.

Al