REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?

Lawrence J. Epstein,MD ljepstein at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 1 08:18:13 CST 2006

By far- the most important thing I learned (From Mike Watson—thanks
Mike) which I wish I had picked up earlier, was to wet out the
approximate square footage of (BID) tape needed on VERY THIN Plastic,
with resin of the same total weight, put another layer of plastic on
top, then squeegee all air and as much resin out as possible, cut with a
straight edge into strips (1 ½, 2, 3” etc) (with 45 deg bias) paint the
destination with resin, peel off only the layer to contact the surface
and apply, smooth out with a paint brush then remove the top layer of
plastic. Peel ply tapes on top of everything. This leaves a neat joint
using the least amount of resin. Heat the strips with a heat gun before
applying, if they have started to get “tacky”.

The tapes just stretch (with my hands).

Plastic sheeting needs to be as thin as possible for this.

IMHO

Larry Epstein