REFLECTOR: Another shimmy story...

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 29 13:15:01 CDT 2006

Andy,

I didn't check the side-to-side free play of the nose
wheel recently, so I can't say for sure it wasn't
there before the shimmy event. However, my plane only
has 140 hours on it. Using two landings per hour as an
estimate, that's only around 300 cycles and about 300
ground miles. Seems like too much play to be the
result of wear. I'm replacing the strut this weekend -
I'll let you know what I find.

Pat