REFLECTOR: Nosewheel shimmy

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jun 28 22:24:01 CDT 2006

I assume you mean STP oil, not sodium tripolyphosphate (STP).

I will check it out.  I also have been reading some interesting papers
on magnetorheological liquids.  In one of the papers, the author gives a
laundry list of all of the common base oils, and additives that can be
used for shear thickening or shear thinning properties.

I might have to play around with these.  I know they can be bought off
the shelf, but I am not having any luck with finding lubricants that are
specifically labeled with their rheological properties.

I have a suspicion that these are highly guarded trade secrets, and the
volume of material is so low, it's easy enough to make yourself.