REFLECTOR: Fiberglass Tapes

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 25 19:09:06 CDT 2006

I considered buying the rolls, but found that you get much neater layups
wetting out (measured out 1:1 glass:resin by weight)an un-cut sheet of the
estimated square area on the THINIST plastic you can find. another layer on
top. squeegee out the air and as much resin as you can get out and cut with
a razor into strips with the correct bias/width. peel off 1 side, brush a
layer of resin onto the "recipient site" and put in position. brush down
smooth and THEN peel off 2nd layer of plastic using the brush at the
separation edge. then peel ply over (EVERYTHING YOU DO!) brush down (no
additional resin).

This will give the "cleanest" lines & layups which are the lightest possible
and will not require sanding prior to additional layups or primer.

YOu might already know all of the above, but I had a lot of sloppy/heavy
layups done b4 I learned it, not to mention the time I spent wrestling with
rolls of 2"BID.

Larry Epstein
173 FGE