REFLECTOR: Secret to Soft Landings

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Jun 25 10:56:47 CDT 2006

This was discussed at the symposium.  If you trim the pitch just before
landing, a
soft landing is easy.  After you stop, if your elevator is at the same
position as
when you trimmed for TO, then you trimmed it enough.  When my mains
touch, the nose
practically holds itself off for a few seconds.  Of course, you need to
set the mains
down gently.......
John