REFLECTOR: Sump Tank FG-Elite

Fred Marconi fmarconi at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 25 09:12:09 CDT 2006

Larry:

The sump tank has to be up enough so that the drain plug lays at least 1/2"
from the bottom of the belly.  In the event of a forced landing if you loose
your landing gear or in the case of retractables when landing with the gear
up, you do not want the drain valve sticking out the bottom , if anything
protected so that it will not be broken off and fuel spill out and start a
fire.

This is explained in the manual if my memory serves me right.

Fred