REFLECTOR: Airventure Cup Speed

len.baxter at gm.com len.baxter at gm.com
Mon Jul 31 14:41:24 CDT 2006

Jack

I thought the Velocity was limited to approx 200 kn (indicated).........
It seems to me that you and Pat must be exceeding that limit.  As a
"newbee" I would like to learn what is needed to expand the upper limit
beyond 200kn ( other than more power)

thanks

Len Baxter
XLRG

And Rich is fast. he beat me by 24 seconds after 500 miles. But it was
 unfair
 because he had a very sharp navigator. His Dad.
Oh well there is always next year.
There were some pretty fast velocity airplanes in the race. Pat Shea
averaged
 247 mph and that was with about 20-25 mph head wind.
The Airventure Cup was a great experience. I am looking forward to next
year
 and having more Velocity airplanes

Jack
N55XL