REFLECTOR: Nose door cylinder repair kit

Dave Black dvblack at comcast.net
Sun Jul 30 21:20:18 CDT 2006

On Jul 30, 2006, at 7:42 PM, Tom Martino wrote:

> By the way ... check out this link if you want to NEVER mess with the
> nose door system again:
>
> http://www.tvbf.org/gallery/?dir=builder_options%2FNose%20gear%
> 20doors-m
> anual%20system%2F
>
> I know mechanical nose door systems have been discussed here in the
> past.  My version is ultra-simplistic and works dependably every time.

Your mechanical nose door solution is nothing short of brilliant!

I've spent quite a bit of time researching why the factory system
doesn't work as intended, and correcting its problem by relocating
the sequence valve. But your mechanical solution is WAY better. It's
simple and elegant. And it looks like it belongs there. Good work.

I assume picture #3 was an earlier attempt?

Dave Black
Shortwing RG