REFLECTOR: Winglet Trailing edge trimming

Jack Prock jackprock at comcast.net
Sun Jul 30 16:36:37 CDT 2006

Hi,

I am in the process of setting up the winglets for glassing. I am trying to trim
the trailing edge according to the manual, but my winglets don't seem to match
what the manual is saying. Or I am reading it incorrectly.

The manual says to measure on the top of the winglet 12" and then on the bottom
of the winglet 28" and draw a line. The problem is that my winglet taken directly
from the winglet foam billet does not reach 28".  I don't know what to do. Do I
draw a line to the 28" line that is approx. 3/4 of an inch behind trailing edge foam?

Or am I measuring wrong. I am starting at the leading edge point, and measuring
across the bottom (the actual bottom...that would be facing the ground when
the winglet is installed).  Does the manual mean to say to measure across the
bottom of the inboard face of the winglet? This would add inches, since the curvature of the
winglet would add to the distance.

Help

Jack Prock