REFLECTOR: Thermocouple wire

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Jul 19 20:32:53 CDT 2006

I bought mine from Mouser.  They were a little cheaper than Newark.
Digikey did not carry any at the time, but they might now.

www.mouser.com
www.newarkinone.com
www.digikey.com

My experience is that Omega is overpriced.

Also, contact Westach.  They will sell you a bag of copper thermocouple
thingies for about 30 cents each.  Curl up the ends, then crimp your
thermocouple wire with a standard pair of crimpers.  Instant cheap
thermocouples.

Tell them your existing spark plug rings are annealed and you want fresh
replacements.

If you are connecting to panel mount gauge, pay attention to the
resistance, and trim appropriately.  If connecting to an amplifier, the
length does not matter.  Also, remember to keep your cold junctions
close to each other so they are the same temperature.