REFLECTOR: Oil cooler VG photo

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Mon Jul 17 14:20:42 CDT 2006

In a message dated 7/17/2006 12:02:59 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
scott at tnstaafl.net writes:

I guess  we will have to agree to disagree. I base my conviction about
the "direct"  correlation on experience, not what somebody has told  me.

I split my case to fix a pesky through bolt oil leak along with a few other
leaks.  While I was at it, I cleaned up the cylinders/pistons, and put in  new
rings.  My pistons are 10:1 and were ceramic coated.  Glass  beading them
removed the ceramic coating on the piston tops.  I now have a  10 to 15 degree
increase in oil temps, after break-in.  I still run 185 in  cruise, but get up
to 210 FT climbing out.  I never got above 190 before  the removal of the
ceramic.  I put in a rear oil cooler along time ago, and  was done with oil temp
problems.

TEC