REFLECTOR: fire wall

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Jul 16 17:57:43 CDT 2006

Noel,

I cut the hole in the fiberfrax larger than the diameter of the washer, in
order to keep the squishy fabric out of the structural "sandwich", but took
the nut and washer off and cut the stainless steel sheet neat around the
bolt.  Then the washer and nut went over the SS sheet.  I figured that this
would provide the best protection to the fiberfrax - no loose edges to soak
up spilled oil.  For the same reason, I ran a bead of red RTV along the free
edges of the SS sheet after installation was complete.

Keith Hallsten, XLFG