REFLECTOR: Velocity Move

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Sat Jul 15 14:34:16 CDT 2006

MessageMy plane is a 173 and by turning the fuselage sideways, I was able to keep it under 12'.  This was from the airport that I built the plane at to another airport that had a nice long 6000' runway.

The damaged XL was wider and we had to tilt the fuselage to get under the 12' requirement.

In NC, you can get away with a wide load sign and a permit if it is under 12' wide.  More than 12' you have to have escorts in front and back.

Oh and if you are less than 10' just a wide load sign - no permits required.  Check with your local highway dept.  Oh and several folks over the years say just put wide load signs on it, stay out of the big towns and drive on!!!!

Good luck with your move.

Ronnie