REFLECTOR: Fwd: Deltahawk

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 23:38:49 CDT 2006

I gave JP a ration myself.   If you recall... I was "challenging" him to show
me that the DH would actually fly out of my airport on a "normal" summer day.

We loose a loose a lot of flatlanders out here  due to the high Density
Altitude. Scott ( and others) can attest to this.

I have to admit that I am a bit skeptical that his engine can safely lift off
a loaded velocity from my 4300' runway at out summer 8500' density altitude.
My doubts are based on what I have seen done in this part of the country, and
not on deltaHawk's work. I'm impressed with what they have accomplished so
far. If they can ever show me  the "money" at high DA, I'll make sure to plug
their success.

Personally I hope they succeed at their work even if it is too late for my
project.   We need the engineering, foresight, and risk takers to propel us
forward.

Kurt