REFLECTOR: strange wire question

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 23:03:20 CDT 2006

Ok... I need some input.

The last wires I need to run before I put my pannel in for good are the Nav
light wires.

I have the ones from Velocity claiming to use 7.4 amps total (devide by two
for each wing load).

According to my wiring chart, you can run 16 G wire with an 8 amp load about
12 feet.
I have a whole roll of 16G shielded wire and was going to use that.

My question is... can I run 10 feet of 16G wire from my relay to a splitter
(about 10 feet)... then run a 16G down each wing to the lights? The second half
would only be drawing 3.7A per line.

I rationalize that it will work... but still have doubts. I can always run an
extra 16G wire down the tube... but why do that if I dont need it.

What is your input?

Hope to have engine start this weekend.

Kurt Winker
173 FGE, 4.3L aluminum V-6