REFLECTOR: Ouch!

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Jul 12 19:58:51 CDT 2006

I get that that now and then if I immediately raise the gear after
liftoff.  If I wait until my usual 500 AGL point the gear as slowed
enough that It doesn't burn the rubber.

Another good thing to do is to step on the brakes after liftoff to stop
the mains from spinning before retraction. Only time I don't do this is
when taking off in wet conditions and its cold, I'd hate to freeze my
gear up in the wells, so I let um spin as much moisture off as they can
before bringing them up.

Scott