REFLECTOR: Dual throttles - First Start

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Mon Jul 10 06:19:01 CDT 2006

I had the same problem. Getting it started that is.  I had shut off the emergency fuel valve after checking that I had flow to the fuel pump.

Then I cranked and cranked - finally after checking EVERYTHING!, I saw it - the handle was pulled out for the fuel shut off valve.

Opened it and it cranked on the 2nd blade!!!!

If it ain't fuel, it's spark.  And don't count on the timing being correct.  I know of at least one RV builder who just knew his timing was right because the engine had run at the rebuilder.  But for some reason the mags had been removed then reinstalled between the run and shipping.  So make sure the timing is right, then check and make sure you have sparks by removing one plug from each cylinder and reconnecting the plug wires.  You ought to see sparks.

Ronnie