REFLECTOR: RAM air and a "cold box" intake

Sid Knox sbjknox at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 9 01:37:25 CDT 2006

I also think feeding the engine hot air is nutty so this is how I did it on
my Starduster XIO-320 with homebuilt EFI.  I welded plates over the original
holes in the sump.  The four-into-one exhaust I built from an idea I read of
in an old Sport Aviation back when there was often some interesting
technical articles (before it was dumbed-down to the level of People
Magazine).  I think it was a CAFE (?) evaluation of various configurations
of exhaust schemes.
No air filter...ram air directly into the throttle body.
This system has been running well for about five years now.

Sid Knox
Oklahoma

Velocity    N199RS
Starduster  N666SK