REFLECTOR: ram air

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 20:25:08 CDT 2006

Steve,

Isn't effective ram pressure for a given speed
affected by the density of the air? Maybe this chart
assumes a sea level on a standard day...

Also, is this chart showing theoretical ram pressure
assuming no induction losses? Obviously that's not
happening w/ plumbing, air filter, etc.

The only way I see to determine your REAL RAM PRESSURE
is to check it in flight, not a chart. The question
is, what is a reliable reference. It seems that
installation differences in static and alternate
induction air systems makes both of these bad, err,
barometers...

Pat

Pat