REFLECTOR: ram air

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 7 18:55:51 CDT 2006

Btw, what is the generally accepted method used to
determine the amount of ram you're getting?

I've been comparing the ambient MP reading at the
airport (as indicated on my MP gauge with the engine
off) to my MP reading while doing a high speed low
pass at the same airport minutes later (WOT).

It sounds like others compare the MP readings between
their ram and alternate air sources.

I wonder what the typical ram (loss) is on a high
performance spam can like a Mooney or Bonanza with
their filtered inductions.

Pat