REFLECTOR: Fuel flow - RG sump

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 6 14:48:11 CDT 2006

Hi Al,

Were your 1/4" forward strake fuel lines open or did
you close them off for this test?

It sounds like we have the same fuel/vent line sizing,
so I wonder why my sump started to drain at 25GPH with
a similar amount of fuel in the strakes?

Possibilities:

-I was in a cruise climb attitude leaving the forward
strake 1/4" fuel lines un-ported.

-You've got more head pressure at the sump.

-I've got a slight vacuum acting on my strake fuel in
flight. My 3/8" exiting vent line hose a forward
facing angle cut.

-My fuel lines are more restrictive.

-I was seeing things...

Pat