REFLECTOR: Fastbuild wings and aileron bellcranks

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Jul 4 09:04:30 CDT 2006

Folks,

I'm getting ready to mount my bellcranks on the wing root and finish my cowling, and I'm a bit confused.  Since the factory isn't open today maybe you can point me in the right direction.  The manual states (for the XL) that the bellcrank should be 2" in from the cowling flange, and the pictures on the website show the bracket extending out from the wing root at least an inch.  On mine, the bracket would be completely inside the wing root, though the bellcrank would be in the correct positon.  Perhaps this was meant to be trimmed back, but I couldn't find that in the manual.  The root rib is right where it's supposed to be, but it's unclear to me how deep this rib should be.  It's over 3" deep at the trailing edge which puts it well within the cowling.  Those of you with fasbuild wings, did you trim them back at all?

Brett