REFLECTOR: Pedal stops

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 27 14:02:31 CST 2006

Al,

Just don't forget to install the cotter pins which
prevent the adjustable push blocks from coming out of
the pedal push tubes - that could be disastrous.

I couldn't get the rudder throw I needed (pre-braking
action) with the cotter pins installed - I needed just
a little more. I fabricated pedal stops out of angle
AL that attach to the side of the fuselage which are
my only pedal stops.

I have no idea if it's abusive on the master cylinder
to use the stroke limit as the stop. I can tell you
that the stops come into play regularly while the
plane is in operations - both light and hard use...

Pat