REFLECTOR: ELT

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 24 18:15:12 CST 2006

Al,

I mounted the ELT antennae behind the cosmetic bulkhead in front of the
gear retract.  I mounted it on an aluminum angle bar across the entire
plane then mounted one side sticky aluminum tape under my luggage shelf
that radiates out from the central antenna so I get a four legged flat
plane for the vertically mounted antenna that is hidden behind the
upholstered panel.  (I did mount my switch next to the Hobbs on the
right side of my panel.  Seems to work fine.  The radio I mounted
horizontally on the luggage shelf pointed forward next to my pilot side
wall.  It is visible and easily removable for emergency evacuation.

Rene'