REFLECTOR: Close Encounter

Alex Balic alex157 at pwhome.com
Tue Jan 24 09:49:40 CST 2006

I flew a spam can into Sky Harbor about 10 years ago- the tower told me to
expedite my turnoff- by the wording used and the tone of his voice, I
decided that he wasn't kidding- so I locked up the brakes, and almost rolled
the Cessna as I turned right onto taxiway Alpha- I had not even made it to
the yellow line when a 727 shot past me on landing- I thought about
reporting it, but figured it wasn't worth the trouble- if I hadn't been able
to make Alpha and had to go to Bravo- it could have been a really bad day.