REFLECTOR: ELT

John Tvedte JohnT at comp-sol.com
Mon Jan 23 22:08:48 CST 2006

I don't think they have to be in the panel - but I do think they have to be within reach of the pilot - and seen.

Per Artex 110-4 install manual: "3.5 Mounting the Cockpit Light/Switch Assembly  The switch assembly must be mounted in the cockpit where the pilot can easily reach the switch and see the light.  The remote switch is not optional for the ELT to be TSO C91a approved."

The ME406 from Artex is the "upgrade path" of the 110-4 - they both use the same remote switch.

John