REFLECTOR: A bit more on Seatbelt mounting

Craig and/or Denise Woolston cdwoolston at verizon.net
Sat Jan 21 10:16:00 CST 2006

Hiroo-

  I believe that I have the same type of seat belts in my Suburban (which I
bought after market and we are putting the same ones in our Velocity right
now) and they exhibit the same behavior.  I think that their manufactured
this way so they can be install in several different orientations.  For
example we are putting them on the firewall and they will come straight out.
I looked for different ones and can't find them.

  The only way we saw that you could eliminate the twist was if you used two
hardpoints at the bottom.  One for the "end" of the seat belt and one for
the inertia reel.  But then it required you to step around that as you enter
the plane.  We didn't like that and so we are going with the single
hardpoint for both ends.

Craig

XL-5FG