REFLECTOR: Paint question

Terry Miles terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 20 09:11:18 CST 2006

Hi,
I am using a Utech primer that Hangar 18 gets from Akel-Nobel for the
final prime coat on my project.  Luckily there is a body shop across the
way and his paint booth will fit the XL.  I will do the masking, and he
willing to work w/ me on doing a final top coat of white and whatever
stripe scheme I want to mask up for him.  We've agreed to buy the paint
from Akel Nobel which should eliminate any product compatibility issues.

Here's my question.  Cars normally get 3 coats of clear coat.  Any
opinions out there on how many coats is enuf for an airplane?  I hate to
add unnec weight.

Thanks,
Terry