REFLECTOR: A bit more on Seatbelt mounting

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Thu Jan 19 04:10:36 CST 2006

Thanks for everyone who sorted me out on the seatbelt issue last time
around.  We almost have it right with a little puzzle.

Now that we know the general routing of the belt and where the hard
points go, we discovered that the belt appears to be "twisted".  If we
mount everything as we think they should be mounted, we end up with a
half twist right above the inertial reel.  At first we thought it might
be a manufacturing variation but since both sets exhibits the same exact
twist at same exact spot, we are led to conclusion that this is
intentional.  We can easily "untwist" at the top and rectify the
situation but we don't want to be causing any subtle safety issues.

I have the factory supplied inertial reel belt.

Any ideas?

Hiroo