REFLECTOR: Velocity Builders Symposium Update

Dale Thomas dale8315p at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 15:45:12 CST 2006

--- Phil Hooper <phil at hdmnet.com> wrote:

> We're looking forward to whatever the factory
> may bring as well.  They are
> good guys.  We're hoping some prospective
> builders (translated "buyers")
> will be with us as well!

Well, I was trying to keep my fingers off the
keyboard (and my mouth shut...) but....  Since I
am still one of those 'wannabees', I was very
excited about this event, and was going to come
uninvited.  My brother lives in Flower Mound
(about 5 mins from Don Hamm), and it would be a
great reason for a visit.  Since I'd be coming
from Ohio, I'd have to get my passport
renewed....

The only problem is that my 10-yr-old son was
selected to be a Student Ambassador to the United
Kingdom this summer.  And May 20 is the date of
his final, mandatory, pre-departure meeting.
What a bummer.  (see:
http://www.studentambassadors.org )

You can all rest assured that my thoughts and
prayers for a safe, fun and enlightening weekend
will be with all of you.

Maybe I'll send my brother down to fill in for
me.....

Dale Thomas
PS... Y'all fly safe.  We lost two members of our
EAA Chapter in September in a mid-air between
one's Lancair and a C-172 with student and
instructor...