REFLECTOR: Decisions, decisions...

Jack Sheehan j.f.sheehan at larc.nasa.gov
Wed Jan 11 10:22:30 CST 2006

JP,
The RV-10 as with all of Van's aircraft is a fine airplane. It has
performance advantages such as short field  which make it a very
different airplane than a Velocity.
I think your friend should think about how he plans on using the
Velocity. I find that it is  not a fun airplane to stay in the
traffic pattern. My airplane likes to go places. If your friend likes
to be quiet and sort of recluse then he should not taxi up to an FBO
in a Velocity. The Velocity will always draw a crowd. I recently
landed in Reno at night with a good 1/4 inch of ice on the airplane
and the Air Force pilot with his T-28 parked next to me was the first
to be ogling the airplane ( he was stuck there because he was not
able to take-off into known moderate ice) me too.
Oh yeah an important aspect is probably that us Velocities are a
little different.
--
Jack Sheehan
Executive Director