REFLECTOR: Decisions, decisions...

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 12:39:03 CST 2006

A few things that may be deciding factors on  the comparison: (I agree with all that has been said so far.

You can build a Velocity with very little help, by that I mean an extra body. It is almost impossible to build an RV with out someone there to help buck rivets etc. I can count on both hands the actual times that I have needed an extra set of hands. I think that is important.

I also believe that the RV series is better suited for rough field work and high density altitude airports with (relatively) short runways.

I would state again, that you just can't beat the look of a Velocity compared to an RV (even though they are great airplanes).

Kurt Winker
173FGE Aluminum V-6