REFLECTOR: Gear Alert

Kufalk kufalk at wi.rr.com
Sun Jan 8 11:57:59 CST 2006

I've installed an air speed switch to prevent the gear from retracting while going too slow.  It is connected through a relay to give me an alarm if the gear is not down and locked and I get too slow.  I also have a switch on the throttle to sound the alarm.  I have my checklist and always do the GUMP thing twice.

But, I still worry about landing with the gear up.  I am a human, I will be distracted and make a mistake sooner or later.  Just looking for another thing to make my airplane safer.

Darrell