REFLECTOR: What would you do - not do?

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 28 08:35:15 CST 2006

Speaking of factory cut lines - the markings on the keel for RG's were way
off on my kit.

I foolishly cut holes and installed hard points as marked on my keel.  Now
few of the holes line up with where the bolts need room to be removed.
Also, I had to relocate the attach point for the bottom of the nose gear
overcenter gas spring.  I installed it per the markings - the nose gear
would not fall out during the gravity test.  It would drop about 2-3 inches
and stop.  After much head scratching, discussions with Mark Machado, some
body on the Reflector (thanks gang!!!), suggested relocating the attach
point about rearward - I tried 2 inches and it fixed the problem - but now
the linkage would not reliably go into the locked position.  Soooo, I moved
it to a point 1" rearward from the originally marked position.  Works
perfectly now.  Perhaps this has to do with why some folks have to use a
cheater stick and hole to get their nose gear to lock in the down position.
I don't have a cheater stick and I don't have the hole.  Never needed it.
Hmmmm.

Have fun building!!!!!!!!!