REFLECTOR: Tools and supplies

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Mon Feb 27 10:24:21 CST 2006

Al,

 Um,Sorry.  I'm getting confused...my fault.  You used the DCC acrylic
urethane that doesn't require a clear coat, but clear coated it anyway for
more gloss or durability?

Terry;

I should have given a more complete answer.  I used the PPG Deltron 2000 DBC
basecoat (requires clearcoat); and the PPG Concept DCU2021 Clearcoat.  I did
not use activator in the basecoat (needed only to reduce VOCs) so it had no
pot life limit - which is nice.  The clearcoat requires activator (DCX61 is
general purpose), and has a pot life of 4 hours at 70F.  However I found
that if you put it in the freezer within the first hour of so, it still
worked fine the next day, about 16 hours later (warm it up before spraying).

Al