REFLECTOR: GRT EIS & Horizon Display

MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com MikeWatsonSpg at cs.com
Fri Feb 24 18:54:43 CST 2006

Well folks, on the advise of a number of reflectorites, I finally
purchased and installed the GRT EIS 6000 along with the Horizon display.

Problems encountered includes:
   Shipped 4 cylinder CHT/EGT cables instead of 6 cylinder
    took two weeks to resolve.

    Horizon programmed to show 4 CHT's and 4 EGT's instead
     of 6. Now resolved.

    Missing wire and pin from Horizon connector.
    Still not resolved after four weeks.

    Could not use my original Fuel Flow, Fuel Pressure or MAP
    so had to order theirs. (extra cost)

Overall, when you can get a hold of someone there, they are very
helpful in resolving the problems. The problem is that it takes
three or four phone calls and two or three Emails to get someone
to return your call.

Now I'm having problems with the fuel pressure settings and can
never get someone to answer the phone while I'm at the plane
at the airport.

soooooo, I'd appreciate if anyone who has the same setup as I have,
contact me directly off the reflector to compare settings.

Mike W.