REFLECTOR: Sparrow Strainer

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu Feb 23 17:24:36 CST 2006

Just did a test flight after reversing the strainer and I want to say
THANK YOU STEVE KORNEY!  What a difference.   Before, I ran out of trim
at 155 KIAS.  Today I got up to 172 and still had trim left.  Also,
understandibly, there is less trimming needed when transitioning from TO
to cruise and vice versa for landing.  Also landings are easier, I guess
because the strainer is continually lowering the elevator a bit as I
slow down.  I did not notice any difference in pitch stability.  This is
definitely the way to have the strainer installed.
John