REFLECTOR: Re: Cabin Heating

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Wed Feb 22 17:24:59 CST 2006

Ron,
The variable floor NACA's might be easy to build but I would think they
would be difficult to seal to maintain high pressure above the engine
and low pressure below for cooling.  Just blocking off the oil coolers
has worked well for me and is KISS.  I know we are experimenters but
engines are expensive.  What we want is a cool engine and hotter oil
temps.  A closed air flow through the front oil cooler and back inside
driven by a bilge pump fan is my next project for winter.  Recycling
warming air should work and adding a little cool air from the overheads
is usually the most comfortable and pretty simple.  I'm looking for a
1.5 inch bilge fan to make it easy to place inline with my heating
system.  I am already wired.
Your mileage may vary.
Rene'