REFLECTOR: Door lock

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Wed Feb 22 16:09:49 CST 2006

There is a way to do away with the pin that sticks through the outside of
the door.

There was an addendum in my 1999 plans that shows how to do it.  It requires
a modification to the door locking (not key lock) mechanism.  In essence,
the key lock lifts the vertical lock from outside.

John, it sounds like yours was modified but the lift lever that sticks
through the door was not cut off (the builder might have been nervous about
depending on the key lock doing the job every time - since this is the ONLY
way in with out doing some damage to the door).

Ronnie