WAS :REFLECTOR: New velocity builder setting up shop. NowharborFreight problems.

Barber Law Firm CBarber at TexasAttorney.net
Wed Feb 22 14:13:14 CST 2006

Agreed, you gotta know what you are getting.  Their stuff is NOT for regular
use, HOWEVER, I still like them and get lots of stuff there, still, for what
I consider very good prices.....this stuff (usually during one of their MANY
sales) is like a $2.00 tape measure, so I have several around, $1.00
scissors, again, I have several around the hangar (and I don't really mind
getting epoxy on them)  gloves (leather, nitrate (Sp?) and latex, brushes, a
couple of tool carts, some air tools, ect (again, my limited need/use seems
to be fine for these lower quality items).  For HAND tools that I want to
rely on, I still like Craftsman....I have found it very easy to find a Sears
and exchange a tool if needed,  (which has been rare) which is not always
the case with some of the other tool manufacturers/providers. This being
said, I also have some HB tools that I consider disposable....use it 'till
it fails.....no worries (after all, I will not be flying with them, at least
not on purpose <g>).

I am lucky in that they just opened a retail location of HB about 7 miles
away (I use to drive across town or wait 'till we were over that way).
However, the couple of times I considered ordering from them online, their
added "handling fee" in addition to postage really pissed me off....it was
more than the items I wanted to order, several time more than I would have
expected (this was a couple of years ago though...just left a bad taste in
my mouth).  Geesh.  However, I do kinda consider it a guys toy store, as I
do with Home Depot, Lowes....or even in a weird lawyer kind of way, Office
Max/Depot <g>.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber