REFLECTOR: Re: Cabin Heat 12 volt

Dr. Golf drgolf369 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 22 08:21:42 CST 2006

I have been working on keeping the draft out. The boys
at velocity helped install a rubber seal around the
nose gear where it exits the cabin. I installed
inflatable (electric pump)door seals and they work
perfectly (quiet also). I have recently covered the
opening in the keel around the canard control rod with
1" insulating foam rubber (not too tight). I placed
the same foam on the back of the rear cabin panel (
not the firewall) and snugged it tight where it
contacts the cabin walls, top and floor. I placed a
vinyl cover over the back of the instruments drapping
it forward to the front of the canard.I created a
silicon seal around the canard cover.

When the engine pumps the oil to the oil cooler in the
nose, I am as warm as a bug in a rug, but because of
the oversized scoops, this is tough to do in the cold
weather  without exceeding 200 knts.

My next project is to create a seal between the nose
gear doors.

Your description of the blanket sounds great!

Any other suggestions?

Perhaps if we kidnap Dwayne and the Scotts and make
them fly with us in the freezing north, I bet within 2
weeks, there will be mods avaiable to practically
pressurize the cabin! What do you think?