REFLECTOR: Pitch Trim Mystery

Ron Brown romott at adelphia.net
Tue Feb 21 10:38:46 CST 2006

Al,

Here's another way to look at the spring problem,  The spring is trimmed 1-2 inches down for take off.  This basically gives you zero stick force for rotation.  If you remove the spring (extreme situation to illustrate the point), then you will have to pull back as hard on the stick as you would if the trim had run away to the down position.

So, with your weakened/cut back spring, you're going to have to pull harder than with the normal spring for take off.

Get 'er flying and let us know how it does.

Ronnie