REFLECTOR: structural adhesive in low temperature

Chuck Harbert c.harbert at comcast.net
Mon Feb 13 15:23:08 CST 2006

Grigore, I also used several types of lamp (halogen, heat, incandescent) to
keep the piece warm enough to have it "go off". I like the double 500W
halogen on the adjustable stand, but even 100W light globes can work on
small layups. When necessary I erected "tents" using cargo blankets with
pieces of aluminum or wood to contain the heat. Before I would leave for the
day/night, I would check under the tent to see that I had the right temp for
curing. The next day, almost all of my layups would be hard. The cargo
blankets (from moving companies-Uhaul, Penske, etc.) won't burn (I know).

I'm from the NW, and many times the outside temp was below freezing when I
left the hangar. Good luck.

Chuck H