REFLECTOR: DH engine vs. Velocity Beauty

Steve Wooden wooden at alltel.net
Mon Feb 13 11:28:43 CST 2006

Steve,

I am told that DH will not sell FWF packages, but instead Velocity will
provide the packages.  Velocity is working closely with DH and Scott Baker
is enthusiastic about the engine.

They have not yet tested the inverted engine, but I am told they are hoping
to get the cooling needed out of the NACA scoops, and if needed, the
addition of side or armpit scoops.  They do plan on having the radiator on
top of the inverted engine if the NACA cooling works out.

Plans are one thing, but the finished product needs to be tested and ready
to fly before I will accept delivery.

They have been very good about providing information and service.  They even
offered to refund my deposit if I could not wait any longer.  I have not had
any company offer that before.

I will keep the group updated as I receive additional information.

Steve Wooden