REFLECTOR: DH engine vs. Velocity Beauty

Grigore Rosu grosu at cs.uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 12 21:44:44 CST 2006

One of the reasons for which I chose the Velocity is its beauty.  Even
though it is too early for me to worry about the engine, I'd really like
to go for a diesel, most likely a Deltahawk 180HP or 200HP.

Looking carefully at the new pictures on Deltahawk's website
(http://www.deltahawkengines.com), one cannot pretend that one does not
see the huge intake scoops under the engine, as well as the fact that the
DH engine affects the smoothness of the top curve of the fuselage (as seen
very well on this picture http://www.deltahawkengines.com/MT_Prop_14.shtml).
Both of these make the Velocity look much different, almost like a
different airplane.

Is there any way to avoid changing the shape of the Velocity when one
installs a DH engine, especially to avoid adding the bottom scoops?
Also, can the smooth curved shape of the top fuselage remain unchanged?
Finally, does anybody know whether the DH engine kit is available yet?

Best,
Grigore