REFLECTOR: Velocity Builders Symposium

NMFlyer1 at aol.com NMFlyer1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 3 21:22:39 CST 2006

Phil

I really wish that I had the time and resources to provide a presentation for
the fly-in. I have learned so much during the building of my Velocity and
specifically my alternate engine adventure. I know that those with the same
disease that I have (alternate power disease) can affirm, a project with this kind
of twist is truly an adventure. From the dreams to the frustrations, the goals
to the setbacks, and the eventual test of all of those, there is much to be
learned.
  The timing for me (and probably many of the alternate engine folks that I
know) is not quite right. That is a common thread with this kind of adventure.
I hope to be flying about that time, but that is never a given. I do plan on
making every effort to get this beast in the air by then, but there is not much
doubt that the "time" and bugs will not be flown off by then.
  I do hope to make it to the fly-in, but now days, if I get an extra 2-3
days work in on the V, I feel so much better. I do hope that your local Chevy
Velocity is there, and it would be good for all if Bill Mulrooney showed up too.
I only mention him because of his candor and help when I met him in Oshkosh (I
already have incorporated a few of the things that he mentioned to me).
   It seems like you will have a fantastic event and I do hope to attend.
Keep up the good work.

Kurt Winker
173 FGE
Aluminum 4.3L Chev V-6