REFLECTOR: PAINT

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 3 15:14:43 CST 2006

Hi Tom,

That base coat looks amazing - look forward to seeing
the final product!

On another note - any reason for the long exhaust
pipes? I believe the factory recommends only about
2-3" sticking out of the cowl. The turbulence created
behind a pipe/tube that is 90* to the airflow at
Velocity speeds is ridiculous. Combine that with some
leverage (long pipe) and you have a recipe for
fatigue/failure. Props hate exhaust pipes... Besides,
you'll have less drag.

Looking at your design, there should be plenty of
(relatively) cool air mixing with the hot exhaust
before it hits the prop, so overheating your prop
shouldn't be an issue.

FWIW, Pat