REFLECTOR: FRANKLIN CARBURETOR

Larry Parham larry062851 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:33:36 CST 2006

Surging is only part of the problem.  I did fix most of it with a manafold inlet gasket.  The other problem is Not Enough RPM.  The last one inch of throttle does not deliver any more RPM.  In fact it may even go down a little.  I only get around 2200 and doing a mag check at 1700, it would drop to 1200 and slowly build up to 1700 (10 sec) on both L and R.  An hour earlier I got 2330 with a good mag check on R and L and could lean to 2380.  Carb heat and Idle cut off seem to good.